£25.45 - 25.45 per hour
2 months ago
Title: Joining Technology and Static Sealing Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Joining Technology and Static Sealing Engineer responsible to act as a subject matter expert for Design Development and Validation of the Body in White static sealing system.
- Plumbables, adhesives and co-moulded baffle technologies.
- Liaising with programme teams static sealing engineers and suppliers.
- Helping to create system strategy papers for static sealing.
- Helping with any quality concern with any of the sealing media including Manufacturing Site support as required.
- Acting a subject matter expert for the Centre of Competence (COC) for joining technologies, including fusion welding, self-pierce rivets, friction stir welding and helping to implement future technologies where applicable.
- V5 R26 Trained and/or V6
- Microsoft office literate
- Previous Automotive Product Engineering Experience
- BIW sheet metal design for both aluminium and steel will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and practical use of Associated Vehicle Architecture (AVA) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Engineering Release process - AIMs, PACNs, CRIDXs
- WERS literate would be a big advantage.
- Working knowledge of stamping feasibility, joining technologies, including sealant and adhesives, would be advantageous.
- Problem solving tools and techniques, Six Sigma, 8D.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
Engineering Degree or alternative qualifications or experience.
This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.