- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58802
Title: Joining Engineer - 37213
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Rate: - up to £23.89/hour Ltd (c£18.47/hour PAYE option)
Joining Engineer required to provide support to ME BIW activities for the introduction of the L460 and L461 into the Solihull Production Plant.
Scope of Work
- Manage Vendors and coupon test facility, resolve Process designer issues for rivet integrity to protect the customer, advise PD of any issues and co-ordinate with CAE for any joint strength data, optimise process designer for all relevant joining technologies (adhesive, rivet, EJOT/EJOWELD/ARPLAS and welding) allocations.
- Ensure documentation required is available and Process Designer is updated with the latest parameters and feedback from technology testing / reviews.
- Raising / tracking and liaising with PD with regards to deviations.
- Drive Vendors to achieve weld expulsion, adhesive bead optimisation and adhesive bead expulsion levels that do not contaminate tooling and joining equipment.
- Support JRM activities and ensure administration tasks have been completed.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Coordinate vendor joining activities, review and buy off as required joint conditions as part of the launch phase activities
- Review teardown data and coordinate with vendors activities to optimise the process
- Provide technical expertise to team problem solving activities to accurately identify root cause and corrective actions
- Assist with MEDOC weekly reviews with vendors and manage activities to achieve green status
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Witness adhesive buy off to ensure we deliver fully functional joint integrity
- Manage MEDOC process with vendors to achieve buy off
- Work with Process Engineering, Product Engineering, launch and maintenance to ensure the joint and facility achieves engineering and is delivered on time and to cost
- Thorough understanding of SCA Adhesive, Tucker Self Piercing riveting, Bosch Resistance welding systems.
- Experience of reviewing buy off events for Adhesive DAB and teardown. Teardown analysis for Riveting and Resistance welding, familiar with Bosch welding equipment and ARO guns to optimise process and reduce expulsion in the body shop
- Relevant experience with Process Designer, Catia 5 how to download Joining Matrix and interrogate product data.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.