Java EE Systems Engineer
Our client designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers.
They offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The WDS services portfolio ranges from building complex warehouses and distribution centers, to software and consulting services in the field of supply chain management. WDS designs, develops and delivers efficient intralogistics automation solutions that enable forward thinking customers to provide the right products, to the right place, at the right time.
- As a Software Engineer at Swisslog you will be participating in shaping the future of logistics automation. We are transforming warehouses and distribution centers using robotic and data-driven solutions that leverage Industry 4.0 and Big Data.
- In this role you will build upon Our Client's’s modular warehouse management system for optimized logistics processes, SynQ, to realize custom solutions. SynQ encompasses warehouse management (WMS), material flow (MFC/WCS), and automation control systems (ACS) functionality, along with an array of business intelligence tools to boost warehouse performance.
- The Software Support Engineer provides technical assistance to customers for the Swisslog Warehouse Management System.
- This is a customer facing role which requires daily interaction with customers typically over phone, by email and face to face.
- Working closely with key external stakeholders, this role will:
- Provide remote software application support for customer sites across the UK
- Able to handle software incidents, conduct detailed problem analysis to find root cause of repeat incidents
- Contribute to in-depth functional testing for project implementation and enhancements
- Participate in commissioning and training at customer sites as required
- Manage monthly incident meetings with clients
If You Have Experience Developing Solutions Using Any Combination Of The Following Java EE 6 Or Later Technologies, We Would Like To Have The Opportunity To Talk To You
- JavaServer Faces
- Context and Dependency Injection
- Enterprise JavaBeans
- Java Persistence API
- Java Message Service
- Java API for * Web Services
- You should also have practical experience with SQL and should be familiar with relational database concepts. A BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or its technical equivalent, is required.
- We are seeking an individual who has:
- Strong customer relationship management experience
- Good knowledge of SQL (T-SQL/PL-SQL)
- Understanding of ITIL framework, Java EE programming language
- Comfortable with Linux operating system, knowledge of Unix scripting will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with a good attitude and positive outlook
- Strong interest in innovation and continuous improvement within technical applications
- Excellent incident management skills which involve performing in-depth analysis of issue resolution
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to travel to customer sites if required
Our client is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
▪ A great working environment
▪ Working with advanced technologies
▪ Encourages new ideas & innovations
▪ Empowerment & project ownership
▪ Multi-cultural workplace that promotes diversity
▪ Future-oriented projects with leading brands
▪ Hands on training & skills development
▪ Domestic and international career opportunities.
If you are interested in this opprtunity, please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.