- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61686
Title: Test Manager - 37938
Division: Information Technology
Contract Position based at: Whitley / Gaydon + Hybrid
Rate: up to £598.08/day Ltd umbrella rate
A Test Manager is required to join an exciting IT & Digital programme, transforming the Financial Service offerings in several key markets. This exciting opportunity will require working in a multi-organisations landscape to provide oversight all aspects of the end to end application testing and business acceptance.
This role is ideally suited to a test manager with experience of operating in a complex eco-system such as a joint venture or system integration partner. The role will be undertaken following hybrid working practices, with attendance on site at Whitley to be expected 1 days a week, with potential for occasional European travel.
- Creating a testing framework and standards for application testers to ensure visibility, traceability, and control of the testing process.
- Ensures that the business processes and systems are tested both functionally and non-functionally to meet the design intent and validate the design intent is fit for purpose
- Works with multiple teams to ensure unit, integration and UAT is conducted effectively. Working with a joint venture partner and internal technical teams to agree testing approach, responsibilities and execution.
- Maintain alignment with the Delivery Manager to ensure effective resource use and delivery to agreed plans.
- Liaise with other Test Managers on the program (vendor side) to ensure a unified test approach.
- Develop and maintain a set of core test control products (e.g. Test Strategy and Approach, Test plans, Risk Assessment, Test log, Exit reports, etc)
- Operating in a `hands on` approach performing some of the testing, understanding the result and drive defect resolutions through to closure.
- Co-ordinate triage calls (with vendor teams) and the resolution of defects.
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the business (senior Director and Global Process Owners/Leads)
- Builds relationships across multi-disciplinary work groups.
- Conduct testing within a complex organisation landscape and evidence of working disparate teams, all of which have obligations to discharge as part of test testing life cycle.
- Maintain alignment with the Delivery Manager to ensure effective resource use and delivery to agreed plans
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working within Agile teams to deliver project and familiar with Atlassian tools, specifically Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrable approach to build relationships and influence partners and key stakeholders.
**THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35**
Role can be undertaken under hybrid working practices, however attendance on site at either Gaydon or Whitley should be expected 1-2 days a week as a minimum
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.