IT MES Systems Engineer
Automotive Production Environment
Competetive Salary £
Our client are supporting an Automotive OEM based in Sunderland.
The Ideal candidate will come from manufacturing or production environments and will be used to 100% up-time requirments in high-volume manufacturing environments.
This role will provide both proactive and reactive support, configuration and system documentation for the IT systems Infrastructure, and business systems in a fast-paced high availability manufacturing environment, as well as planning and implementing improvements to ensure the high availability, performance and resilience of business systems.
This role will work closely with the MES Engineer role, to provide cross-functional support and backup to ensure the continuous availability and performance of the MES system.
This role will also provide, and supervise necessary service support to end-users, to ensure business alignment, compliance and productivity.
- Ensuring that IT maintenance work and troubleshooting is carried out to a high standard and follows all Magna polices and guidelines
- Managing and monitoring all installed IT systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining IT systems, and management tools
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Disaster Recovery planning, documentation and execution
- Proactively identify areas for business, and workflow improvement
- Monitor business systems performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with relevant teams to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Escalate to, and liaise with Magna Global IT team
- Work closely with MES Engineer as cross-functional team, as a backup for each other.
- Ensure adherence to the IT policy
- Ensure SOX compliance (Documentation and recording of events and changes)
- Continuous improvement of all IT processes and initiatives
- Ensure a safe working environment and excellent housekeeping standards
- Other duties commensurate to the role.
- Ability to work in difficult or under pressure
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability to translate user requirements into a defined solution, with clear specification and timelines
- Team player (within IT and cross-functionally)
- Technical degree in a relevant discipline
- IT technical support experience
- IT System administration experience in High-Availability mission critical environment
- Microsoft Windows Server and AD
- VMware ESX/vSphere Virtualisation
- Core networking technologies, including DHCP, DNS, Mail Transport, TCP/IP and NFS
- Exposure to ERP systems
- Disaster Recovery solutions
- Eagerness and ability to learn new skills/technologies
- 3rd line technical support experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment
- HCI environment experience (especially HP Simplivity)
- MES experience (especially Solidat)
- ERP experience (especially SAP or QAD)
- CISCO experience and/or certification
- Microsoft MCSE/MCSA certification
- Telecom knowledge, including VOIP / SIP as well as mobile technologies
If you are are interested in this exciting opportiunity then please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.