Our client, a global engineering company is looking for an IT System and Network administrator to provide support for a busy IT team on a 6-9 month contract basis.
This department provides all of the IT technical support to TMETC staff engaged in R&D work covering offices based at IARC bldg. Warwick University, Coventry & HPL Prototypes, Allesley, Coventry.
Successful candidate will be responsible for installation and configuration of both existing and new server, network and security infrastructure. Day to day problem resolution, provide support to the 1st and 2nd line support team. The aim here will be achieve smallest possible down time by application of good ITIL practices, effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Installation and configuration of existing and new servers.
- Patching of servers, Port hardening
- Configuration of networking infrastructure - Extreme , Cisco
- Integration of wired and Wireless infrastructure
- Installation and configuration of Firewalls
- Integration of DIA & MPLS connections to the existing and new network infrastructure.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Microsoft Certifications
- Server administration, Patching, Port hardening
- In-depth understanding of networking & working knowledge
- Windows Server 2008, 2010, 2012
- Data Back up and restoration
- Network Security, Firewall, content Filtering
- Generate new ideas under guidance and take ownership of the implementation
- Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service
- Network trouble shooting
- Network access control
- AD authentication mechanism, Radius server and related troubleshooting
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant industry experience
- Should have worked in data centre environment
- Should have experience in working with multiple vendors and stakeholders with lots of integration requirements
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Good logical reasoning
- Good Team Player
- Good Communication skills
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Microsoft Certifications
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix OS
- Integration knowledge
- IBM HV Experience/knowledge
- ITIL Qualifications
Degree qualified or similar qualification
If you are interested in this exciting contract in an industry-leading and purpose-built facility, then please apply now.