Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
IT Support Technician
Up to £25000 p/a
In the IT Technical Support and Development position, you will be part of the Information/Operational Technology (IT/OT) Team, which operates on-site across our Aerospace & Nuclear Manufacturing facilities. We are a SME with a turnover of $24 million, over 190 staff and actively precise engineering advanced manufacturing components mainly providing to the aerospace and nuclear sectors. We are very proud to be based in Sheffield and be part of the next industrial revolution with fully digital-integrated manufacturing systems.
The company is always looking to efficiently grow and be competitive without sacrifi cing its core values and quality of service.
Our strategic goals are the following:
- To increase overall productivity;
- To constantly improve process efficiency;
- To be competitive;
- To deliver impeccable customer support;
- To uphold company values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and advice on a broad range of IT relevant issues
- Maintaining a wide range of hardware including servers, network switches, wireless access points, PC's, laptops, printers and data collection terminals;
- Administering Windows Server, Active Directory (AD) and SQL Server;
- Maintaining a wide range of software including Efacs (ERP), M-Store (Electronic Document Management) and Microsoft Office
- Maintaining security systems including fi rewall, end-points and email security;
- Managing backup, security, passwords and user accounts;
- Provide hardware, software and system support;
- Monitoring internet and email activity;
- Investigating, diagnosing and repairing IT problems;
- Liaison with external support companies;
- Keeping inventory of hardware and software assets;
- Provide recommendations for improving the company's IT systems;
- Keeping abreast of IT technology;
- Deliver input to IT strategy and participate in future projects to update our IT systems;
Active support to IT/OT convergence projects as part of constantly improving and innovating business
- Have a relevant qualification at NVQ level 3 (or above) or A level standard in Information Technology or a 2:1 degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent IT relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Windows (server/client architecture) operating system and common software such as Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of key technical IT security concepts (e. g. firewalls, anti-virus, encryption, backup processes).
- A good understanding of current hardware, computer systems and skills to perform simple repairs and upgrades.
- A good understanding of computer network systems.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A helpful, diplomatic and calm manner when explaining and presenting complex concepts to other team members non-experts in this field.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to contribute and work flexible as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as working unsupervised with a forward attitude towards work.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and plan for short, medium and long term implications.
- Have good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to adapt own skills to new challenging conditions and develop new skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with data analysis & management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and SQL Server tools.
- Experience with programming languages (e. g. Python, Java, Visual Basic).
- Knowledge of IT security systems & tools (e.g. cyber security & logging systems).
For more information please call 01384 446145 and speak with Tim Parkes, apply online or send your CV now.