IT Support Executive
£20-25/hr Inside IR35
**Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK at the point of application**
IT 1st and 2nd Line Support - Automotive Engineering
This department provides all of the IT technical support to staff engaged in R&D work covering the main facility at University of Warwick Coventry site.
Successful candidate will be responsible for imaging laptops/desktops, mass migrations of the laptops/desktops, installation and configuration of the printing and plotting solutions, day to day problem resolution, provide 1st & 2nd level I.T support & floor walking to the users at TMETC.
Ideally you'l have a good level of experience and be able to hit the ground running when you start.
The aim here will be achieve smallest possible down time by application of good ITIL practices, effective communication and problem solving skills.
Interviews will be held on Skype/Zoom or similar video technology.
- Build Laptops and desktop, create and maintain images
- Carryout large scale laptop and desktop migrations Install and maintain printing and plotting solutions
- Carry out 1st and 2nd line IT support including Floor walking
- PC Hardware trouble shooting
- Rollout information security controls across the IT estate and monitor the same
- Interact with the remote helpdesk for 3 rd line support for speedy resolution of issues
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
- The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
- Support the Mobile phone migration and support.
- Help users in general office moves in migrating IT devices.
- End user training
- Handhold users in the face of changing IT landscape.
- Windows 10
- Laptop & Desktop imaging
- Microsoft Operating systems & Office applications
- General understanding of networking
- Generate new ideas under guidance and take ownership of the implementation
- Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service
- Laptop and Desktop Hardware understanding
- Should have worked in Microsoft environment
- Should have carried out medium to large project works involving Laptop/PC upgrades, new installations, office movements
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Good logical reasoning
- Good Team Player
- Good Communication skills
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- ITIL Qualifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- Information Security
- COTS applications
If you are interested in this positon, please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.