Our client, a global engineering company is looking for an IT Support Executive to provide support for a busy IT team on a 6-9 month contract basis.
This department provides all of the IT technical support to TMETC staff engaged in R&D work covering offices based at IARC building, Warwick University, Coventry & HPL Prototypes, Allesley, Coventry.
Successful candidate will be responsible for imaging laptops/desktops, mass migrations of the laptops/desktops, installation and configuration of the printing and plotting solutions, day to day problem resolution, provide 1st & 2nd level I.T support & floor walking to the users at TMETC across all sites. The aim here will be to achieve smallest possible down time by application of good ITIL practices, effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Build Laptops and desktop, create and maintain images
- Carryout large scale laptop and desktop migrations
- Install and maintain printing and plotting solutions
- Carry out 1st and 2nd line IT support including Floor walking
- PC Hardware trouble shooting
- Rollout information security controls across the IT estate and monitor the same
- Interact with the remote helpdesk for 3rd line support for speedy resolution of issues
- Support the Mobile phone migration and support.
- Help users in general office moves in migrating IT devices.
- End user training
- Handhold users in the face of changing IT landscape.
- Windows 10
- Laptop & Desktop imaging
- Microsoft Operating systems & Office applications
- General understanding of networking
- Generate new ideas under guidance and take ownership of the implementation
- Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service
- Laptop and Desktop Hardware understanding
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant industry experience
- Should have worked in Microsoft environment
- Should have carried out medium to large project works involving Laptop/PC upgrades, new installations, office movements
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Good logical reasoning
- Good Team Player
- Good Communication skills
- Microsoft Certifications
- ITIL Qualifications
- Information Security
- COTS applications
Degree qualified or similar qualification
If you are interested in this exciting contract in an industry-leading and purpose-built facility, then please apply now.