Position: IT Support/Dynamics AX Support/ ERP or SAP IT support
Location: Coventry - Initial travel to Italy will be required for training
Salary: Competitive + pension
To support, maintain and develop the comprehensive use of an existing Microsoft Dynamics AX System across all functional departments. This will involve working with and on behalf of the user base (Business partnering where required) and in close collaboration with an international central function hosting the system.
To support the above role, you should possess a strong understanding and professional background in all functional aspects of a modern comprehensive Finance/ERP system (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX) and the related business processes. In addition an understanding of SQL and programming would be advantageous as some projects may require reports creation using data directly from the AX system.
We are looking for candidates who have an understanding of the IT system requirements and functionality within an engineering/manufacturing environment. Someone who has helped develop, maintain and implement IT Systems, functions and processes throughout the supply-chain, logistical, buying/purchasing, stock control, inventory, product analytic, production control etc or similar functionality.
You should ideally possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A degree in the area of IT Engineering, Software Engineering or computer science.
- 3-4 years professional experience in a similar role within a sophisticated manufacturing business, or in a relevant consulting capacity (automotive, aerospace, automation preferable, but not essential).
- Strong knowledge relating to ERP and Finance functionality is essential.
- Supporting systems users in all aspects of its use including implementation and upgrade of systems.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Methodical and persistent approach to problem solving.
- Confidently document, facilitate and present internal system related training sessions.
- Good interpersonal support skills with a patient and engaging internal training demeanour.
- The ability to create sophisticated, structured reports using Excel and Access in conjunction with pre-existing system generated flat data and pivot tables.
- Efficient time management, project management and workload prioritisation skills with a high degree of self-motivation and independence.
- Willingness to make business trips abroad and foster close professional working relationships with international colleagues.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this IT Support vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.