£Competitive plus benefits
An IT Specialist is needed to support the customer community and all IT Systems deployed at their new vehicle test facility in Coventry. Working with the existing IT Team the chosen candidate is expected to play a major role in supporting IT functions.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a proactive IT Specialist to be responsible for supporting the Test Facility with IT related issues.
As an IT Specialist you will be required to:
- Managing and maintaining the Windows clients and servers (physical and virtual), client and server software, data security technologies, bit locker etc., network switches, firewalls, routers and interconnections, printer- scanners
- Using structured processes, ITIL best practice and agreed systems of work
- Observing and promoting information security protocols
- Providing support resources and guidance to the customer community
- The IT Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of build, re-build and configuration of PCs using automated software deployment tools
- Expert in managing file and folder access rights, security groups, distribution lists and other client permissions.
- Experience of managing network devices and VLANs
- Experience of working effectively with industry-standard Service Management tools
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualification
- Experience of server room maintenance - cabling / patching etc
- Physical and software asset management experience
- Understanding of VPN and remote access technologies
- Previous responsibility for managing client hardware lifecycle from procurement to disposal
- UK/EU Driving license
- Ability and willingness to travel to other sites when necessary, including (occasionally), overseas
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of working in a fast paced IT environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an IT Specialist and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the IT Specialist role, please contact Georgia-Lee Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889268.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.