IT Support Specialist
£Competitive plus benefits
An IT Support Specialist is required to support an existing IT team within all fundamentals of IT including telephony system, day to day user issues, printers, network connectivity, cabling, server room management, software installations. Candidates with experience of working with remote IT support teams or international IT support teams would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a proactive IT Support Specialist to be responsible for supporting the Test Facility with IT related issues directly relating to the Test Bed machines. As an IT Support Specialist you will be required to:
- Any downtime of the systems must be kept to a minimum to meet business and customer deadlines
- Ensuring that any user issues are dealt with within agreed SLA timeframes using the RemedyForce ticketing system
- Manage any major IT incidents ensuring effective communication to the affected users in a timely manner
- Delivery of IT projects on-time and with consideration for customer satisfaction
- Provide continuous feedback and updates on IT related issues (performance issues, network, user experience etc.) to the IT Department Manager
The IT Support Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- Comprehensive network administration experience of Windows, (and some Linux), in a Windows Active Directory based environment
- Maintain active directory/exchange user accounts /DFS Shares via FIM and AD and relevant file security permissions etc.
- Asset Management and Software license management experience
- VMWare and Hyper-V. Basic administration knowledge of Virtual Machines
- Maintain active directory/exchange user accounts/DFS Shares via FIM and AD and relevant file security permissions etc.
- Firewall experience (Barracuda), VLAN experience and Switch Port Management
- Experience of working with the RemedyForce IT ticketing system (or similar)
- Networking knowledge including TCP/IP, VLANs and IP Addressing
- Experience of managing Windows server operating systems (Server 2008R2 & 2012R2)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line IT Support experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an IT Support Specialist and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the IT Support Specialist role, please contact Georgia-Lee Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889268.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.