Birmingham, West Midlands
£15 - £18 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Our client who are based in the West Midlands are currently recruiting for an IT Service & Support Specialist. This is an exciting career opportunity to work within a World Leading Automotive R&D Centre.
- Work with the Senior IT Service & Support Engineer to provide day to day IT Support to the user community
- Individual must have demonstrable skills at second-line level
Essential skills & experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Office 365, Windows 7 & 10 and other standard client applications.
- User account creation and management; Active Directory & Exchange
- Automated PC build and software deployment technologies
- Familiarity with formal methodologies, particularly ITIL
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to deliver maximum value to the business
- Demonstrable ability to undertake diagnostics in a structured and effective way
- Desirable skills & experience:
- PRTG infrastructure monitoring
- ITIL V3 Foundation qualification
- Up to date Microsoft qualifications, particularly network management & SCCM
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the rest of the IT Team to deliver high quality IT support to a user community of around 150 people.
- Support the transition from reactive to proactive tasks through improved processes, monitoring, maintenance and management.
- Diagnose and resolve problems across the full range of IT solutions in use within the business, taking the initiative and working proactively, without close supervision.
- Work with the rest of the IT Team to improve support quality and productivity.
- Actively seek improvements to processes, policies and procedures to enhance customer service.
- Ensure all incidents are recorded and handled properly.
- Further the reputation of the IT Team within the business by communicating effectively, supporting agreed policies and behaving in a professional manner.
- Help ensure the needs of new starters are fully met, right first time.
- Proactively share knowledge and help other team members to do the same.
- Ensure solutions provided are in line with agreed IT strategy and standards.
- Adhere to industry best practice, as outlined in ITIL V3.
- Use the Service Desk Management Tool and associated resources effectively and constructively. Work to and support use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Support IT elements of projects and initiatives, working effectively with in-house and external resources.
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure periods of holiday and absence are covered as effectively as possible, so as to minimise risk to Service Delivery.