IT Systems and Network Administrator
Hourly Rate £35-42/hr Inside IR 35
This department provides all the IT technical support to TMETC staff engaged in R&D work covering the main facility at NAIC, Coventry.
Successful candidate will be responsible for putting the Information Security operation controls in place with the relevant documentation of operational processes/ controls for the Data centre operations, System and network administration and other information security control areas. This will also involve working towards generating regular artefacts to satisfy the ISO 27001 audit process.
The work also involves installation and configuration of both existing and new server, network and security infrastructure. Day to day problem resolution, provide support to the 2 nd and 3 rd line support team. The aim here will be to achieve smallest possible down time by application of good ITIL practices, effective communication and problem solving skills.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Ensure that all the operational processes are compliant with the information security polices. This will involve putting all the controls, reviews in place — conduct them and produce regular reports.
- The candidate needs to work closely with the Corporate Information Security team and align the processes/procedures accordingly
- Develop and ensure data security procedures are approved that provide the more detailed steps that service areas need to adhere to in order to implement that data security policies. Installation and configuration of existing and new servers - Patching & Port hardening
- Maintenance of the DIA and MPLS network and the related infrastructure.
- Regular networking monitoring to spot the hot points and remediate them.
- Maintain the AV infrastructure backbone.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of Role
- Maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or similar information security/privacy professional qualification
- Microsoft Certifications
- Server administration, Patching, Port hardening
- VAPT and associated remediation
- In-depth understanding of networking & working knowledge
- Experience is documentation of processes and procedures related to Data Centre operations, Networking, Backup etc.
- Linux - SLES, RH, Centos
- Windows Server 2008, 2010, 2012
- Data Back up and restoration
- Network Security, Firewall, content Filtering
- Generate new ideas under guidance and take ownership of the implementation
- Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service
- Network trouble shooting
- Network access control
- AD authentication mechanism, Radius server and related troubleshooting
- Effective team member contributing to improvements to the information security fabric and end user education.
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant industry experience
- Should have worked in data centre environment
- Should have experience in working with multiple vendors and stakeholders with lots of integration requirements.
- Should have actively worked on Information security implementation projects.
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Good logical reasoning
- Good Team Player
- Good Communication skills
- Good Problem Solving skills
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Linux Certifications
- Windows Server 2008, 2010, 2012
- Extreme switching equipment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.