- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 03 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59362
Job title: IT Project Manager SC Cleared, based on site in Malvern
Salary Range: Up to £700 per day inside IR35. 6 month contract initially
We are currently recruiting an IT Project Manager to be based on site at Malvern. You will be working on site at least 3 days per week and the rest remote. You will be working for a leading defence technology client.
The role will involve leading on complex bids and managing range of complex projects, often with projects managers directly reporting to the senior project manager for delivery of projects and bids.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner. Embedding a culture in line with the company values. Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across the organisation.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to your opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs including: Order Value, Order Intake Scenario, (Low, Base, High, Excluded), Bid Due date, Closing Date, Sales Stage, Margin, Revenue Profile and up to date notes.
You must have the following skills to be successful in this role
- Leadership; being able to influence and align others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success
- Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don’t have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
- Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning
- Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
- Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and company policy.
- Foundation Sales; being able to identify, qualify, develop and deliver solutions to your customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as EDP) and be able to articulate the benefits of the company solution to the customer.
- Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Business Development; when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Hold or be eligible for SC Clearance is a must
- Solid experience in managing complex software engineering projects
- Ability and track record in leading and driving high performing teams, including managing multi-disciplinary teams (>30 team size).
- Experience in managing multiple, interdependent threads of development, many of which are on the critical path, in addition to independent activities.
- Ability to work and liaise across a large programme, e.g. working with hardware, test and integration to ensure delivery of an integrated product.
- Managing sub-contracts and subcontractors
- Experience of both agile processes and waterfall.
- Ability to use JIRA, Confluence and Atlassian.
- Familiarity with EVM reporting.
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 3-5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
To be considered this role, our client will want you to demonstrate experience with the following:
- Please could you explain your experience in engineering programmes?
- Have you run semi-agile environments, combined with waterfall?
In return for your commitment, the company will offer you:
- Very competitive rate of up to £700 per day inside IR35
- Minimum 6 month contract
- Opportunity to work for a leading defence technology client in Malvern.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Project Manager within IT and have active SC Clearance, please apply today. If you have any questions about the IT Project Manager vacancy, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.