Position: IT Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Experience: Ideally from the Automotive industry (other sectors will be considered), must have some experience with high volume/past paced manufacturing. IT management experience of implementing connected technologies, smart factory, MES, infrastructure transformation etc.
Main purpose of job:
The IT Manager will be responsible for formulating, communicating and implementing future organisational IT strategy. The role will also manage the delivery of day-to-day IT services, balancing speed and quality of delivery with a thoroughly commercial approach. The successful candidate will possess strong technical and programme management skills which will prove essential for leadership planning and delivery of a series of key infrastructure transformation projects This role is based at Banbury but there will be some occasional travel associated with this role, both in the UK and abroad as required
Main duties for the IT Manager:
- There is a major focus within the business to be at the forefront of connected technologies and to have all internal machinery & technology connected, therefore a strong understanding of MES / Connected Technology /Industry 4.0 /Smart Factories is essential.
- Lead the development of the company's IT strategy and prepare corresponding business capital justification requests required to achieve formal sign off.
- Manage the associated implementation programme and diagnosis of systems, data and process implications/requirements;
- Ensuring the stability of operational systems and processes are maintained and that service is delivered within agreed KPI targets and annual budgets;
- Identify and deliver key strategic technology programmes which will provide the company with a fit for purpose systems environment that enables and complements the business strategy;
- Develop, lead and manage the IT team to ensure they can support the IT strategy whilst ensuring the correct resources are in place to support the overall business strategy
- Develop, manage, co-ordinate and control all company-wide IT budgetary aspects;
- Driving a "value for money" IT solutions mentality throughout the company;
Skills & Experience for the IT Manager:
- An Entrepreneurial leader who displays a positive and "can do" attitude and understands what IT services can deliver to support a large/high volume and fast moving organisation in the 21st century
- Previous experience within Automotive Manufacturing would be beneficial, other industry sectors will also be considered.
- A clear and confident communicator.
- Experience of managing a multi-million-pound business of similar scale and complexity.
- Extensive experience of Project Management and successful delivery of major infrastructure transformation projects.
- Experience of supplier management, contract negotiation for IT related services
- Experience of delivering significant change with an ability to communicate a clear and compelling vision to achieve the necessary buy in from all key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience of MES and or SAP / ERP Systems
- Experience of resource/capacity planning for a large organization and ability to justify increases in resource requirements when implementing key projects that require additional headcount.
- Experience of managing an IT team previously in a large organisation.
- Must have team leadership skills and an ability to develop staff
To apply for this vacancy please contact Amo Rai, Senior Consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.