£60k per year + 25 days holiday + Bank holidays Company Pension Car allowance
Job Title: IT Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary range £55-60000 p/a
Main purpose of job:
The IT Manager will be responsible for formulating, communicating and implementing future organisational IT strategy. The role will also manage the delivery of day-to-day IT services, balancing speed and quality of delivery with a thoroughly commercial approach. The successful candidate will possess strong technical and programme management skills which will prove essential for leadership planning and delivery of a series of key infrastructure transformation projects.
Scope of job:
Reporting to: General Manager / AGM
Other features: The role is based at Banbury but there will be some occasion travel associated with this role, both in the UK and abroad as required.
- Lead the development of the company's IT strategy and prepare corresponding business capital justification requests required to achieve formal sign off. Manage the associated implementation programme and diagnosis of systems, data and process implications/requirements;
- Ensuring the stability of operational systems and processes are maintained and that service is delivered within agreed KPI targets and annual budgets;
- Identify and deliver key strategic technology programmes which will provide the company with a fit for purpose systems environment that enables and complements the business strategy;
- Develop, lead and manage the IT team to ensure they are capable of supporting the IT strategy whilst ensuring the correct resources are in place to support the overall business strategy
- Develop, manage, co-ordinate and control all companywide IT budgetary aspects;
- Driving a "value for money" IT solutions mentality throughout the company;
- Ensure the management team is fully appraised on IT developments and is comfortable with, and committed to, the IT strategy and associated resourcing;
- Cultivation of a continuous improvement environment with the IT function.
- Must have a risk approach to service delivery
- Knowledge of quality standards, including IATF16949, and customer requirements
- To project a professional image of the company to customers/visitors
- To use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Comply with the General Risk Assessments
- Comply with the Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Comply with COSHH Risk Assessments
- Comply with the Lock Out Tag Out Procedure (where applicable)
- Comply with the Safe System of Work documents
- Take appropriate actions in emergency situations
Principles of the team:
- Multi skilling
- Continuous Improvement Activities
- Development of good Team Behaviours in line with Magna expectations.
Skills & Experience:
- An Entrepreneurial leader who displays a positive and "can do" attitude and understands what IT services can deliver to support a large and fast moving organisation in the 21 st century
- A clear and confident communicator able to reduce the seemingly complex to short well defined arguments which a less IT literate audience can readily grasp.
- Experience of managing a business of similar scale and complexity.
- Extensive experience of Project Management and successful delivery of major infrastructure transformation projects.
- Experience of supplier management, contract negotiation for IT related services
- Experience of delivering significant change with an ability to communicate a clear and compelling vision to achieve the necessary buy in from all key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience of MES and or SAP / ERP Systems
- Experience of EDI / Logistics Scheduling
- Experience of resource/capacity planning for a large organization and ability to justify increases in resource requirements when implementing key projects that require additional headcount.
- Experience of managing an IT team previously in a large organisation
- Must have team leadership skills and an ability to develop staff
This is a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade. Significant changes to the role and its responsibilities would be subject to appropriate consultation with the post holder.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.