An IT Manager is required to manage and develop the staff in the IT department, as well as take charge of the IT and communications systems ensuring their reliability and efficiency for users.
Due to increased workloads, this company, the industry leader in instrumentation test systems, requires a proactive IT Manager to play a major role in providing technical support to staff and management in solving problems concerning IT equipment and software.
As the IT Manager, you will be required to:
- To manage and develop IT staff
- To balance the workload of the department making sure essential tasks are prioritised
- To maintain security of networks by maintenance of software and physical backups.
- To provide technical support for staff and management in all matters relating to IT and telephone systems
- To form and maintain mutually supportive relationships with IT specialists over all company locations
- To take charge of the physical security and maintenance of the installed Server rooms and contents.
- To take charge of the in-house maintenance of the telephone systems (both fixed line, data and mobile)
- To keep up to date with technologies appropriate to the role and to provide strategic support and advice to management on subjects concerning IT and communications systems
The IT Manager should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in managing teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Excellent technological knowledge
- Flexibility to travel to other Sites
- Ability to prioritise support work and provide clear reports to management.
- Knowledge of phone and communications systems
- Ability to work alone and occasionally out of normal hours
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as the IT Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the IT Manager role, please contact Georgia-Lee Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889268 or Georgia-Lee.Smith@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.