£30k - 36k per year
Job title: IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
An IT Infrastructure Support Engineer required with knowledge of desktop support and network/infrastructure work, site installations, moves and changes, installing and supporting network and software applications, supporting an evolving technical IT infrastructure and following change management procedures, policies and procedures under a strict Military & Defence governed environment.
Candidates with a manufacturing background within the defence sector and knowledge of Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper V), cloud technologies (Azure, IAAS, SAAS) , IT Network Infrastructure (LAN and WAN) , Windows Server Management and Tools , Storage Area Networks (SAN or NAS would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Telford requires a dynamic, leading IT Infrastructure Support Engineer on a permanent basis. As an IT Infrastructure Support Engineer, you will be required to:
- Covering desktop support and network/infrastructure work.
- Site installations, moves and changes
- Installing and supporting Network and Software Applications.
- Providing global infrastructure support, provide new infrastructure installations, working with servers and providing solutions to meet business needs
- 2nd/ 3rd line Infrastructure Support
- Lead infrastructure projects and assessments
- A solid understanding of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Great in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to provide technical support to tickets raised through IT service desk for all software and hardware issues
- Knowledge/ Experience of supporting Software Applications
- Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures.
- Escalate issues to appropriate third parties / vendors when required.
- Produce detailed documentation and procedures.
The IT Infrastructure Support Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
- Working in a broad hands-on role supporting an evolving technical IT infrastructure and following change management procedures, policies and procedures
- Virtualisation (VMWare / Hyper V)
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, IAAS, SAAS)
- Active Directory Management
- IT Network Infrastructure (LAN and WAN)
- Windows Server Management and Tools
- Email services (Exchange, Office 365)
- Storage Area Networks (SAN or NAS)
- Strong communications, relationship building and influencing skills
- Excellent people management skills, with ability to communicate at all levels
- Willingness for travel to other sites in the UK
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of IT Infrastructure within a manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
- 25 days holidays plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of IT Infrastructure within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the IT Infrastructure Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.