Job Title - IT and Information Security Technician (Automotive Product Development)
Salary Range - £30-35000 p/a
Location - Coventry
Start Date - ASAP
Important - All candidates will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) prior to interview.
A multi-skilled IT and Infrastructure Generalist is required for our client based in Coventry.
Reporting to both General Managers at our Coventry manufacturing locations, the
appropriate full time candidate will:
Our Client are a high-end global Automotive Engineering designs, development and consultancy company who work with major OEMs to develop engineered solutions to vehicle product development.
In preparation of a major development project, we are seeking an experienced IT professional with Server and Infrastructure set up and maintenance skills, who has current knowledge of ISO27001 Standards and Cyber Essentials Plus standards.
This is an all-round 1st, 2nd and 3rd line technical services role with a responsibility to provide fast an accurate care of sensitive information, design files and SAP functions.
As such, candidates from design and development, manufacturing and engineering services background will be considered.
Scope of Role:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users in an office/plant environment.
- Able to work alone and prioritise tasks as required.
- Answer questions and/or resolve computer problems for users in person or when they
- are travelling.
- Provide assistance and guidance concerning the use of computer hardware and
- software, including printing, software installation, e-mail, and operating systems.
- Provide hardware and software acquisition recommendations, including helping users
- assess needs and providing justification for equipment and/or services.
- Install, configure, and provide ongoing support for the divisional Local Area Network
- Maintain computer inventory.
- Maintain yearly IT budgets.
- Monitor/maintain/support local networks to ensure the highest availability to all users.
- Will work with senior level network support personal and client server specialists when
- implementing new corporate roll-outs of Hardware/Software.
- Will work with Intermec/Motorola bar code scanners, printers and related shipping
- After hours/weekend work when required.
Additional duties include:
* Maintaining an Avaya phone system. This will include new user setup.
* Provide limited support with the corporate SAP system.
* Additional IT related tasks as requested by Management.
* Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent customer service as must with a focus on internal customer satisfaction.
* Currently working or has worked for a manufacturing company, automotive is a plus.
* Able to work alone or within a team.
* Post Secondary Diploma or equivalent education.
* Familiar with CAD software (Solidworks, Catia, Cadkey)
* Familiar with Intermec/Motorola Scanner gun technology (or equivalent) is a plus.
* Familiar with Intermec Printers (or equivalent) is a plus.
* Working experience with VMWare virtual server environments is a must.
* Working experience with Windows 7/10.
* Working experience with Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory.
* Working experience with MS Exchange 2010, 2013.
* Working experience with Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013
* Working experience with Microsoft Office 2010, 2013.
* Working experience with WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi Technology.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL/My SQL Server a plus.
* PC hardware skills - system upgrades etc.
* Familiar with HP Desktops/Laptops.
* Hands on experience with networking hardware - I.E. Cisco switches.
* Familiar with Avaya phone systems is a plus.
* Familiar with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) equipment is a plus.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity for a permanent role in this exciting company, please email with your CV or call to speak to Tim Parkes on 01384 446145