IT and Information Security Technician
Candidates will be asked to sign an Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to interview
A prestige and luxury high-performance luxury car developer are looking for a multiskilled IT Generalist with Automotive developement and Production Environment experience.
- Reporting to both General Managers at our Coventry manufacturing locations, the appropriate full time candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users in an office/plant environment.
- Able to work alone and prioritize tasks as required.
- Answer questions and/or resolve computer problems for users in person or when they are traveling.
- Provide assistance and guidance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, software installation, e-mail, and operating systems.
- Provide hardware and software acquisition recommendations, including helping users assess needs and providing justification for equipment and/or services.
- Install, configure, and provide ongoing support for the divisional Local Area Network (LAN).
- Maintain computer inventory.
- Maintain yearly IT budgets.
- Monitor/maintain/support local networks to ensure the highest availability to all users.
- Will work with senior level network support personal and client server specialists when implementing new corporate rollouts of Hardware/Software.
- Will work with Intermec/Motorola bar code scanners, printers and related shipping systems.
- After hours/weekend work when required.
Additional duties include:
- Maintaining an Avaya phone system. This will include new user setup.
- Provide limited support with the corporate SAP system.
- Additional IT related tasks as requested by Management.
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service as must with a focus on internal customer satisfaction.
- Currently working or has worked for a manufacturing company, automotive is a plus.
- Able to work alone or within a team.
- Post Secondary Diploma or equivalent education.
- Familiar with CAD software (Solidworks, Catia, Cadkey)
- Familiar with Intermec/Motorola Scanner gun technology (or equivalent) is a plus.
- Familiar with Intermec Printers (or equivalent) is a plus.
- Working experience with VMWare virtual server environments is a must.
- Working experience with Windows 7/10.
- Working experience with Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory.
- Working experience with MS Exchange 2010, 2013.
- Working experience with Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013
- Working experience with Microsoft Office 2010, 2013.
- Working experience with WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi Technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL/My SQL Server a plus.
- PC hardware skills - system upgrades etc.
- Familiar with HP Desktops/Laptops.
- Hands on experience with networking hardware - I.E. Cisco switches.
- Familiar with Avaya phone systems is a plus.
- Familiar with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) equipment is a plus.
If you re interested in this position, please apply now or send your CV to email@example.com or call Tim Parkes on 01384446145 fo a discreet conversation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.