Title: iPLM Production Support Specialist
Salary Range: £31.00 - £32.08 /Hr Lt Co.
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
i-PLM Environment Production Support Specialist
- Work as part of the i-PLM Environments team to provide ongoing operational support of i-PLM IT systems for Dev/Test/Prod collaborating with IT infrastructure build; middleware/DB and application Build Team and Dassault Systemes SMEs in designated areas)
- Using Incident and Problem management processes
- Resolution of operational and performance issues
- Assist i-PLM Operations team in root cause analysis and address system configuration, operational and performance issues in the supported i-PLM environments covering Linux/Win2008/2012 servers and Windows7 clients.
- Co-ordinate and implement changes following the Change Management process.
- Work with infrastructure build, middleware and application development teams to build and support i-PLM 3D Experience (Dassault V6) environments comprising Development, Test, User Validation, Training and Production environments.
- Support (Install/support/upgrade) iPLM environments running on Linux (SLES); Windows 2008/2012 and Windows7, using SAN/NFS storage systems; Apache/Websphere middleware and Oracle/SQL database servers within JLR enterprise datacenters. Servers include vitualised (VMware) and physical servers.
- Analyse technical documentation from application vendors (eg. Dassault Systemes, ACE/ConfigIT) and work with designated SMEs to define installation and support procedures, as/when required.
- Document and share work procedures, installation tasks, scripts and "best practices" within Environments Team.
- Maintain appropriate design and configuration documentation for use in operational handover to steady state support.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Experienced UNIX (SLES) and Windows server systems support
- Significant experience of systems installation, build and support experience covering systems administration and operational support tasks for IT environments of similar complexity and technical detail (see responsibilities section above)
- Significant experience of installing and supporting Simulia, Process Composer, 3D Orchestrator, HPC Integration
Key Role Requirements (in addition to essential skills above):
- Production support - incident and problem management
- Knowledge of Enovia V5/V6 systems administration and operational support.
- Demonstrable ability to own and carry out systems admin/support tasks without on-going supervision and oversight.
- Proven `user interaction and IT support experience including problem diagnostics and root-cause-analysis for systems supported by iPLM environments team.
- Flexibility in working times, including ability to do overtime for systems support outside of normal (0800 - 1630) working hours.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-site team and share workload - as required to meet operational deadlines
- Good communication skills both written and verbal English.
- BMC Remedy
- Experience of DBA, Networking and Security operational support, as part of providing IT operational support.
- Knowledge of PLM and automotive industry processes.
- Ability to develop and run scripts to automate manual processes
- Experience of working within IT/Operational support and knowledge of IT standards and IT processes.
Idf you are interested in this role, please apply.