Due to significant expansion and a strong order book a leading provider of Industrial IoT Solutions are looking to recruit Applications Engineers to join their delivery team
Commutable from: Sheffield, Worksop, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Matlock, Ripley, Alfreton, Dronfield
Salary: £ 30,000 - £ 50,000 p.a. + benefits
Suitable for: Applications Engineer, Software Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Software Developer
My client are seeing an enormous increase in opportunities hence, we are looking for Application Engineers at all levels to deliver IoT and Industry 4.0 solutions to their connected-product OEM and manufacturing customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and support solutions created using PTC’s ThingWorx industrial innovation platform, Microsoft Azure Platform Services and other related technologies, on time and within budget.
- For Lead Application Engineer roles
- understanding customer needs
- architecting solutions
- leading teams or taking sole responsibility for delivery of smaller engagements
- Object-oriented software design and development
- Event-driven, service oriented applications with user interfaces targeting browsers in all formats
- Industrial/commercial connected products and manufacturing environments
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Proven software implementation and development acumen
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills including customer liaison at all levels, and the ability to encourage and facilitate strong collaboration
- Ability to proactively support customers and resolve their problems
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions, to research alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Motivational and encouraging attitude
- Good understanding of software integration and use/design of APIs for interfacing our solutions to those of our customers
Other Desirable Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience working with manufacturing and business systems and processes including ERP, MES, MOM, CMMS, LIMS etc
- Experience or good working understanding of OT technologies including PLC, HMI, SCADA, Process Historians and industrial networking.
- Experience with ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: REST, HTTP, TCP/IP, Cellular Comms/Wireless networks, etc.
- Successful track record of developing robust software and delivering production ready solutions
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a cutting-edge industry, alongside leading industry experts.
- Stimulating environment offering challenging and ongoing learning opportunities
- Standout investment and training in you and your career
- Culture of innovation and inspiration
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment
- Fantastic salary
- Creative, diverse and inclusive working environment
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.