Competitive Salary and Package
International Trade Compliance Officer (Aviation)
Based near West London, our internationally based aerospace logistics Client is seeking an experienced International Trade Compliance Officer to support their compliance on all international trade matters (Import & Export) with UK, US export controls within the business, as well as BREXIT end of transition processes.
Specifically, the role is to design and implement policies and procedures to ensure the company is compliant with international trade regulations.
With a truly international footprint, this role will have additional key responsibilities including:
- To ensure that the customs warehouse and related shipping activities are managed efficiently, record keeping for audits.
- To ensure compliance with regards to customs warehouse procedures and AEO status.
- To host audits from HMRC and ECJU.
- Liaise with freight agents to ensure compliance.
- To ensure that our Client complies with the legislation of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) requirements to meet the business needs.
- To act as the technical REACH expert on cross-functional projects.
- To undertake, as directed, any other duties as may be commensurate with the overall efficient running of the Company.
Reporting to the General Manager, and having a minimum of 5-years of relating experience, you will need to have:
- Previous experience of operations, within a 'customs warehouse'
- Previous experience of operation and maintenance of AEO status
- Practical application of import clearance processes including CFSP
- Knowledge of import VAT, Duty, and maintenance of records
- Practical application using correct classification codes for strategic control lists, commodity codes and CPC codes for imports
- Practical application of UK & US export control procedures, specifically SPIRE and the use of military OGEL'S, SIEL'S, end user and consignee undertakings.
- BREXIT knowledge to ensure Trade Compliance is maintained after end of transition
- Experience of liaising with freight agents to ensure adherence to compliance
- ITAR regulations apply to this role
- Knowledge of REACH compliance
Suitable additional skills required:
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical skills and good at problem solving
This is a critical role for our Client and is therefore supported by a competitive salary and package. Candidates must be able to travel to support all elements of the role.
If you feel you have the experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.