Competitive Salary and Benefits
about 2 months ago
International Trade Compliance Manager
Based near Stafford, our internationally based automation and components Client is seeking an experienced International Trade Compliance Manager to support their compliance on all international trade matters (Import & Export) with UK, US export controls within the business, as well as BREXIT end of transition processes. Primary shipping activity is between the UK, Frankfurt, Singapore and Chicago.
Specifically, the role is to design, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the company is compliant with international trade regulations and to ensure a smooth and unhindered supply of components and systems to their global customers
With a truly international footprint, this role will have additional key responsibilities including:
- Taking responsibility for import/export processes and systems on a hands-on basis to ensure parts are supplied to their customers on time by reducing/eliminating wait in customs
- Ensure that the customs warehouse and related shipping activities are managed efficiently, with accurate record keeping for audits.
- Be accountable for the Company's Global Trade policy ensuring the timely processes to ensure minimised disruption caused by supply chain delays. Legislation and regulation will differ depending on location. You will need to ensure that all goods are appropriately, expedited, monitored and declared to enable smooth arrival into the UK, Frankfurt, Chicago and the Singapore fulfilment centres.
- Being responsible for managing and improve existing processes in relation to CFSP, AEO and HMRC.
- Keeping up to date with UCC changes, sanctions, embargoes, conformity issues for exporting.
- To ensure compliance with regards to customs warehouse procedures and AEO status.
- To host audits from HMRC and other authorities as required
- Liaise with freight agents to ensure best practice and best pricing as well as to ensure compliance - this primarily includes parcel logistics companies.
- To act as the technical REACH expert as required.
You will need to have/be:
- Have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- System savvy and able to work in different systems concurrently.
- Have a hands-on and driven approach to your role.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge and experience of customs regulations and procedures, in a global environment.
- Have an open communication style and be happy to share your knowledge and mentor other team members.
- Forward thinking and able to change your approach to suit changing goals.
- Proactively solve problems by taking responsibility.
- Drive and enthusiasm to grow into larger projects and roles.
- Not be afraid to change the way we currently do things
This is a critical role for our Client and is therefore supported by a competitive salary and package. Candidates must be able to travel to support all elements of the role.
If you feel you have the experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.