International Project Manager - Rail - UK based
We are looking for an International Project Manager - Rail, for a world leader in the supply of Rail Safety Products to strengthen both their UK and international Project team.
- Have you Project Engineering or Project Management experience in an Electronic / Electro-Mechanical arena?
- Can you work with autonomy, but also be involved in a multi-disciplined and multi-national team environment within a matrix organisation internationally?
If the answer is YES to these questions and you are looking for a challenge then this role could be for you!
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is working exclusively for Schweizer Electronic Ltd a strategic supplier to Rail companies both in the UK and Internationally of Track Warning Systems and Level Crossings. We are looking for a customer focussed Project Manager to lead and work within various projects both in the UK, but also Europe and Australia.
- Dedicated and successful project management of the rail systems and products in the UK, Europe or Australia (Site visits and interventions as and when required)
- Support the development of new business assisting with Tenders and bids.
- Creating technical solution based and detailed offers for customers
- Interface with international internal staff and external contractors to achieve objectives.
- Act as point of contact on projects and be the technical helpdesk authority for the UK
- Deliver technical instruction and training to clients if necessary
- Represent the company at client meetings, and support the sales team when necessary.
- Deliver or assist in the creation of technical documentation, including safety cases, instructions and operational manuals when necessary
- Support and project manage the Rail approval process for products
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent technical experience in relevant technical subject - Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Experience or working knowledge of the Rail Industry or other safety critical industry
- Experienced in Project Engineering / Project Management of safety related applications.
- Experience in an Automation, Signalling, Digital or Electronic PLC based arena
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within the UK, Europe or Australia.
- Driving Licence - Essential
- Language skills - desirable but not essential
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Company Car
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192