Competitive Salary + bonus
Internal Sales Manager - Scientific Instruments
In support of our UK based Client who develops and manufactures innovative scientific instruments and software designed to optimize the efficiency, safety, and productivity of key processes in chemistry and biology applications, working with businesses and laboratories globally, the Internal Sales Manager will be primarily building on their sales expansion in Europe for their entire portfolio of products and services and being part of a team that helps to deliver the global strategic growth plan. This is an opportunity to join a globally expanding team, with the career progression opportunities that this provides.
As an Inside Sales Manager the principal objectives are to support the Field Sales Team in lead qualification, lead generation and grow all after-sales products & services of the assigned customer portfolio to positive EBITDA through creating and maintaining long term customer relationships/satisfaction. It is expected that the European Inside Sales team will grow so this role will be an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with leadership.
Grow assigned customer portfolio to achieve and exceed annual pricing, order and revenue targets in designated product and/or services categories through outbound and inbound call activities, meeting call volume targets as well. Implement and achieve aggressive, proactive call schedules to increase sales growth and productivity by performing the following duties:
- Support European Field Sales Team through direct lead generation activities and the qualification of marketing qualified leads to sales qualified lead status.
- Prioritize selling time to build and maintain a balanced funnel of sales prospects to generate after sales revenue.
- Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships with all key-buying influences in each customer account by using installed base information, sales and service reports/databases, new leads and cold-calling efforts
- Maintain complete knowledge of each customer's history, contacts and current and long-term purchase plans for designated products. Track call outcomes and opportunities through the CRM/ERP
- Support and partner with customer service, field sales and service personnel in their efforts to sell strategic offerings and maximize account penetration by identifying sales prospects, developing targeted account strategies, providing account/product information, participating in internal/customer meetings, developing proposals and providing account follow up.
- Prepare quotations for service contracts, system upgrades and product trainings.
- Maintain thorough current and competitive product knowledge and clear understanding of market dynamics to offer creative solutions to customers and territory and prepare/execute territory strategies and action plans. Understand basic after-sales business, functions, features and benefits with the ability to communicate them to customers.
- Analyse service sales statistics and implement a plan if targets are not met after discussion with direct line manager. To include presenting selected service products to customers.
- Drive targeted after-sales marketing campaigns and follow up on Telemarketing.
- Provide accurate information for service sub territory budgets.
- Develops and maintains relationships with client purchasing contacts.
- Update on prospects status evolution as well as on competition and customer perception of the company.
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Promote customer satisfaction working with install and support organizations by providing product and application information, answering enquiries, investigating complaints and taking appropriate action to resolve customer related sales issues. Record customer feedback and complaint information through the proper quality processes and channels
Feedback through proper channels on product development issues arising from product problems identified through sales calls with customers.
- At times, travel through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective time & material customers to solicit service orders or talks with customers by phone.
- Work effectively with cross functional departments.
- Participate in relevant training courses.
- Positively contribute to the successful development of the European sales team and provide regular activity plans and regular contact and sales reports
- Cooperate and effectively work with other staff to achieve sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent education in Science. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related subjects ideal.
- Technical competency to understand relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge; to consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner to provide best in class solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Clean Driving Licence and has fluency in written & spoken English.
You should be well organised, able to devise and manage systems for handling. customers/accounts at all levels including senior level management. Having excellent troubleshooting skills, you should be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes, working effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally. Training will be provided on the product lines, services and systems.
If you feel you have the experience, commercial and technical awareness and support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com )
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.