An Interiors Engineer is required with knowledge of current & future interior parts, supplier performance and technologies.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Interiors Engineer with experience working in an OEM or tier 1 supplier for interior plastic parts development for a new contract role.
As an Interiors Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following:
- Concept definition, layout & packaging, styling feedback.
- BOM management, cost management, component performance planning, component validation.
- Production preparation and quality achievement.
- Technical communication with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing.
- Performance, technology and cost benchmarking
- Interior performance planning for future vehicle interiors (Next Generation), and colour, gloss & grain management.
The Interiors Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- University Degree
- Must have demonstrable experience working in an OEM or tier 1 supplier for interior plastic parts development.
- Proven ability to deliver vehicle cabin system (i.e. doors, dashboard, and seating) project on time, on budget and quality.
- You will have expert knowledge of current & future interior parts, supplier performance and technologies.
- You will have demonstrable data analysis experience and the ability to co-relate performance to customer satisfaction, and co-relate cost to normalised cost drivers.
- You will have experience of interior planning, layout and component design.
- A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
If you have any questions about the Interiors Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259