An Interiors Engineer is required with experience working within an OEM for interior plastic part development.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Cranfield requires an Interiors Engineer with knowledge of current & future interior parts for a new contract role. As an Interiors Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Concept definition, layout & packaging, styling feedback.
- Management of Digital Data Creation (across regions)
- BOM management, cost management.
- Component performance planning, component validation.
- Production preparation and quality achievement.
- Technical communication with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing.
- Performance and technology benchmarking
- Cost benchmarking
- Interior performance planning for future vehicle interiors (Next Generation)
- Colour, Gloss & Grain management
The Interiors Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have demonstrable experience working in an OEM or tier 1 supplier for interior plastic parts development.
- Proven ability to deliver vehicle cabin system (i.e. doors, dashboard and seating) project on time, on budget and quality.
- Candidates with interior systems experience in a non-automotive background such as rail, marine and aerospace will also be considered.
- You will have expert knowledge of current & future interior parts, supplier performance and technologies. You will have demonstrable data analysis experience and the ability to co-relate performance to customer satisfaction, and co-relate cost to normalized cost drivers.
- A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of interior planning, layout and component design to develop your career.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you have any questions about the Interiors Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.