Job Title: Interior NX CAD Design Engineer - Seating
Salary: Up to £34.00 per hour LTD
Location: Hullavington, Wiltshire
An Interior NX CAD Design Engineer (Seating) opportunity has become available for a our client who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
This role will sit within an interiors team of an automotive function and plays an important role in delivering the vision of the company.
- Develop fully detailed CAD models.
- Perform engineering design work relating to configuring, deploying, maintain and updating CAD models.
- Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, quality and timing.
- Generate, update and maintaining accurate CAD models, commodity package and section book.
- Generate accurate 2d CAD drawing as required.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and standards
- Interact with various departments and stake holders to obtain design information and implement in CAD as appropriate.
- Experienced proven knowledge of interior engineering design principles.
- Experience of Interior trim manufacturing methods and assembly processes.
- Experience of generating interior concept and converting into robust detailed engineering CAD models.
- Integrating engineering feasibility into CAD design.
- Knowledge of interiors material properties and behaviours.
- Knowledge and experience of dimensional control and tolerancing components at part level, through sub assembly levels and final assembly level.
- Able to demonstrate independent creative flair to solve complex interface design challenges.
- Ability to implement innovative design thinking into robust product designs.
- Own CAD issue resolutions.
- Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
- Experience of NX CAD software.
Please get in contact with James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.