£25 per hour
Job Title: Interim Supply Chain Manager (2 month contract)
Rate: Up to £25/hr PAYE
2 month temporary contract
An exciting new temporary opportunity has arisen for an Interim Supply Chain Manager to provide operational management for all aspects of Supply Chain at a brand new start of the art manufacturing facility in Norwich.
The successful candidate will be comfortable translating high-level requirements into team and business objectives, responding quickly to changing demands without the benefit of established process and/or experience.
- Manage parts logistics, applying JIT parts provision to manufacturing in line with Lotus production plan.
- Manage distribution and logistics operations that support Lotus manufacturing with complex packaging and shipping customisation.
- Ensure business processes and information systems effectively support material flow.
- Develop robust business processes engaging with IT systems to deliver efficient, timely material availability fulfilment and inventory control.
- Ensure the safe, commercial and quality efficiency of packaging/stilageing solutions
- Ensure returnable packaging is correctly maintained for current production plus introduced for all new parts in line with ramp up requirements
- Ensure raw material is ordered according to supplier lead times to ensure sufficient material for continuity of supply to production without an overstock situation.
- Ensure safe working practices and all Safety standards are followed. Responsible for the safety of all staff operating within the Supply Chain function.
- Ensure full conformance to all operational procedures, audit and drive improvements where required.
- Prepare management information for use across & outside the organisation & design/ deliver agreed KPI's
- Manage the Supply Chain team
- Implement new systems to manage the Logistics functions within Supply Chain.
- Manages Supplier and Production Schedules
- Manages material flow activity (internal and external)
- Manages Supply Chain Metrics Departmental KPi's)
- Supervises all site Supply Chain employees
- Manages container flow / packaging / sequencing container design & availability.
- Manages indirect material activity
- Administers Outbound Shipping
- Directs department planning activities
- Interfaces with launch support teams and is responsible for successful material launch
- Manages third party operations
- Oversees Material Layered Audits
- Special build event support
- Production Trial Runs (VP, TT, PP) support
- 100% parts availability to line at point of fit
- Maximum use of available floor-space to minimise external spend
- Complex packaging and shipping customisation capabilities.
- Scenario planning and budget projection capabilities.
- Experience of Manufacturing/ Logistics Environment
- Team Player with excellent Leadership skills
- Inventory control.
- Warehouse operations
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving stills required
- Proven experience at operating at a Senior business level
- Proven People and performance management
- OEM Warehouse Management
- Logistics Management
- Self-starting highly motivated & results oriented professional.
- Flexible and keen to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Hungry to make a difference in a business undertaking significant business turn-around.
- Higher Logistics Qualification
- Operating industry standard ERP/MRP systems
- Outsourced complex distribution and logistics operations.
- Membership of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or similar
- Automotive OEM experience desirable.
- Business turn-around experience desirable
- ERP/MRP system implementation experience
- Automotive Logistics and/or Warehouse Management
Interested in the above opportunity? Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.