Interim Senior Project Manager
Up to £500 per day DOE
3 month rolling contract
Are you looking for an interim Senior Project Manager (Construction) role with a public sector company based in Birmingham? An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager (Construction) to provide support to a growing and busy department for a three month rolling. The role is interim and paying up to £500 per day.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing projects relating to bus and rail
- Ensuring continued strategic alignment
- Identifying and defining the project objectives creating a vision
- Identifying the baseline of the costs, programme and output for proposed schemes
- Ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to deliver the project objectives
- Ensuring compliance with the processes
- Controlling project delivery, monitoring actual progress against planned
- Ensure that project management best practice is identified
- The ideal candidate will have a degree qualification or equivalent.
- Similar project management sector experience is a must, applicants from a construction background will be highly desirable, rail, bus and transit are preferred
- Public sector experience is preferred
- Candidates will have a proven track record in delivery of complex projects to time and budget
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing multiple projects at any one time, it is essential that there is evidence of previous experience in a similar role
- Applicants will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are a must
- Candidates should be self-motivated and able to perform with minimal supervision
- It is essential to be able to work well under pressure
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently is key
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.