Interim Operations Manager - Metals Processing
3-6 months c£500/day
An Interim Operations Manager is required for a 3 - 6 month assignment working within an established but traditional manufacturing processing plant. This company is part of an international business that processes and supplies metals to a range of industry sectors and has built a solid reputation for the supply of quality materials on a global basis. As part of a major restructure looking at process improvement, customer service, quality, cost and delivery they are now looking to recruit an Interim Operations Manager. This role will be the catalyst for change and will require significant experience of change management and the ability to develop a sustainable culture of continuous improvement.
To be considered for this Interim Operations Management assignment you must have experience of:
- Working at Operations Director level in a heavy process industry ideally within a continuous casting, forging or slab processing environment.
- Modern manufacturing methods, particularly TPM and continuous process control.
- Developing simple but effective measures with an emphasis on Health Safety & Environment, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale.
- Problem-solving methods and tools including Six Sigma, DMAIC, Pareto Analysis, Root Cause Analysis.
- Effecting and delivering change within a traditional working environment with entrenched views and working practices that will build employee engagement, trust and performance.
- Developing an effective communication strategy, that ensures everyone understands what the plan is and what part they play in making it a success.
- Coaching and training people at all levels to ensure that common tools and standard operating procedures are adhered to across the business.
This is an immediate appointment with interviews taking place over the next two weeks. The role will require strong leadership and decision making skills with a focus on delivery and proactive problem-solving. It is essential that you have excellent people management skills and the ability to build a sustainable culture based on excellent customer service and continuous improvement.