- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59168
Interim Operations Manager - Guangzhou / Hong Kong - China
With an initial expectation of a 6-month interim placement, the Operations Manager is responsible for improving commercial, operational capacity planning, supporting production, the supply chain and distribution across their Chinese sister manufacturing sites in Guangzhou, including communicating and improving the daily operational links with the UK head office. The aim of the role is to ensure improved and accurate product delivery on time, within budget, and in line with confirmed order requirements.
This role will be responsible for the improving and developing internal systems as well as mentoring the existing Chinese based team. It is expected that the implementation and improvement of standards, procedures and KPI's relevant to production will occur as a result. This role will require close liaison with the UK operations.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in relevant operations management having experience in planning and systems to be able to effectively support the management of a team to facilitate current and future demands. Experienced operational and business awareness across all areas including supply chain, procurement, engineering and design will be required. Experience of working within a Chinese manufacturing environment is essential.
This role will report directly to the Managing Director in the UK and will work closely with the UK and Chinese based Operations Manager/GM with success of the position being measured by improved performance of the business, better communication and coupled with operational and quality success and a focus on OTIF.
Further core comments:
- Candidates for this interim role will need to provide evidence of successful operational leadership experience within a smaller SME and hands-on Chinese manufacturing environment.
- This role is instrumental in being able to motivate and develop performance change, leading from the front but having an approach which provides the existing work force with confidence and a desire to embrace the change needed.
- The successful candidate will need to have experience from within a mechanical manufacturing environment working with various material types of a low-to-mid volume level.
Candidates will also need to have:
- Strong and modern process awareness including experience of developing and implementing build schedules/procedures, production planning, KPI's and processes.
- From 'Estimate to manufacture' process experience.
- Used and understand modern business tools and systems such as SAP.
- Quality management and quality tools awareness including development of production schedules and procedures.
- Experience of working with supply chains to support successful on-time accuracy of supply in the UK and China.
- Where possible, experience of managing demand signals from a sister company to ensure accurate requirements identification.
- A strong working exposure to lean and best practice.
- Above average and relevant academic qualifications.
Candidates should be able to speak fluent English and if possible, Mandarin.
This short-term role will be challenging and is to support the further strategic growth of this privately owned company. Candidates will need to be confident, experienced and be able to lead from the outset. The interim Operations Manager will work closely with the organisation at all levels and is to enthuse and educate the existing Chinese operations team.
If you feel you have the operational and manufacturing experience to support this role and are already based in China, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.