Interim Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
£350 - £450/day, 3-month assignment
An experienced Interim Health, Safety & Environmental Manager is required for an SME manufacturing business that supplies precision machined and fabricated components. The company is at the forefront of advanced manufacturing technology and works across a range of industrial sectors. As Interim HSE Manager, the position requires an in-depth understanding of recent HSE legislation and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to implement best practise HSE to all business activities. This will involve training, coaching and working with people at all levels to create a safety-based culture that will deliver against HSE standards and measures.
To be considered for this HSE Manager position you must have or be:
- Qualified to a minimum level of NEBOSH certificate in Health & Safety.
- Experience of working as a HSE Officer or Manager within a manufacturing environment involved in the production of machined, fabricated or assembled components.
- An ability to deliver Health & Safety toolbox training and educate employees in HSE best practise and legislative requirements.
- Have a good understanding of ISO:14001 & OHSAS:18001 standards and what is required to achieve and maintain this level of accreditation.
- Able to lead by example and develop metrics and KPIs that will measure and record accurately HSE initiatives that will reduce near miss events, accidents and lost time working incidents.
- A full understanding of risk assessments and how to implement and record information including RIDDOR, COSHH and lost time incidents.
- Experience of working with local and national enforcement bodies including the Health and Safety Executive and various environmental bodies (local & national).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and build a safety-based culture that puts the Health and Safety of all employees first.
This will be an interesting assignment and you will work at all levels throughout the business from shop floor to senior management. The role of Interim Health Safety & Environmental Manager will ensure effective compliance to legislative and statutory requirements on a day to day basis but establish the foundations for a sound HSE management system moving forward.