Job Title: Facilities Officer
A Business and Facilities Officer is required to join an manufacturing education establishment in Coventry, on a contract running until Christmas 2019. The Facilities Officer will be required to ensure that the physical environment of buildings supports the department's strategic, teaching and research objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage decorative plans for all areas of buildings, including initial assessment, advice on layouts, furniture and equipment and, if approved, managing communications sensitively and logistics efficiently; in conjunction with key stakeholders, consulting as necessary to gain a broad and comprehensive view of existing and future needs; ensure that signage and display facilities promote good communications and create a positive image; ensure that facilities are appropriate for undergraduate and post-graduate students, particularly in relation to accommodation and security.
- To manage buildings and facilities on a day to day basis ensuring that both planned and adhoc maintenance and cleaning works are carried out to the required standard and that the schedule of works is undertaken so as not to impede operations in liaison with the University's Estates office.
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety and Compliance Officers, to manage risk by ensuring compliancy with the University's Health, Safety and Welfare policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation; proactively influence the behaviour of all staff and students by providing advice; ensure issues are reported to promote and ensure safe systems; ensure all accidents and near misses are correctly reported; ensure that temporary staff, contractors and work experience students have adequate induction.
- To manage the facilities team - including recruitment, performance management, objective setting and monitoring, and staff development.
- To record and monitor expenditure against the Facilities budget ensuring best value for money in procuring goods and services
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2.1 Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- NEBOSH certificate
- Relevant facilities management experience at a comparable level
- An organised self-starter, with line management experience, including the ability to identify the best delegation options for each task
- Project management experience (with previous experience of budget management up to at least £250,000), to ensure that works are programmed for minimum impact on teaching and research activities
- Ability to negotiate efficiently and diplomatically with senior members of academic and administrative staff and external contractors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills with recent use of MS packages, particularly Outlook and Excel and the ability to manipulate data.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise, manage and complete a high volume of work, meet deadlines and maintain succinct, effective communication at all levels in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to manage key stakeholder relationships as necessary
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work, as not all projects will be fully achievable during normal working hours
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.