- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Gareth Simpson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446125
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58236
Job title: Integrated Logistics Support Engineer
Salary Range: £30- £40 per hour – outside IR35
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
6 month rolling contract role working for a leading defence manufacturer.
An Integrated Logistics Support Engineer is required with knowledge of sourcing parts/spares and with experience of basic import/export declarations (military lists) such as UKML, ITA
Candidates with a Working knowledge of military vehicles, support systems, eg NATO codification, AESPs, REME, efStan 00-600, Defence Logistics Framework (or JSP886 Vol 7) and Defence Lines Of Development (DLODs) would be well received.
Due to ongoing MOD contracts this defence manufacturer based in Coventry requires an experienced, dynamic, leading Integrated Logistics Support Engineeron a 6 month rolling contract basis. As a Integrated Logistics Support Engineer you will be required to:
- Conduct analysis tasks, including maintenance task analysis (MTA), ease of maintenance assessment (EMA), Levels of Repair Analysis (LORA) identifying maintenance process, procedure and resource requirements (e.g. spares, tools, test equipment, facilities, packaging, codification and training needs).
- Collation of logistic information from internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Influence design for supportability at design reviews, identifying and managing the support impact of any design change.
- Review technical publications to ensure accuracy and configuration.
- Support the introduction into service, and ongoing sustainment of the overall support solutions.
- Conduct and support logistic demonstrations
- Participate in vehicle trials, providing vehicle supportability expertise.
- Manage all Technical Publications activities throughout the tendering, production and delivery processes to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded
The ILS Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A proven ILS Engineer capable of independent engineering decision making, with minimal input and possessing a high attention to detail.
- Capable of creating a cost-effective support solution, the ILS engineer will be able to define spares ranging and scaling, plan and conduct trial/proof installations, evaluate technical publications and associated support procedures. He/She will be required to ensure accurate and timely maintenance/support information is provided into the wider support programme and multiple stake holders.
- Able to work just as easily on their own, using initiative, as in a multi-disciplined engineering team, the ILS engineer will be comfortable with handling liaison with external agencies for delivery and configuration management of technical publication solutions to ensure timely review, quality and delivery of documentation.
- Able to facilitate, review and comment on technical data and documentation to military standards. Adept at trial installations and other ILS validation and verification techniques.
- A confident and articulate individual with excellent oral and written skills, customer facing and able to travel to customers and suppliers to represent the needs of the business
- ONC/HNC in a related engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of military vehicles and support systems, eg NATO codification, AESPs, REME, DLODs
- Able to achieve security clearance to SC level
- Working knowledge of DefStan 00-600, Defence Logistics Framework (or JSP886 Vol 7) and
- Defence Lines Of Development (DLODs)
- Experience of working with and/or creation of technical publications, documents and reports
- Working knowledge of applying SA techniques, including LORA, EMA,
- Experience of logistic demonstrations.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Defence engineering with military programs. In return for your experience, this Coventry manufacturer will offer you:
- £30 - £40 per hour working outside IR35
- 6 month rolling contract
- 37.5-hour per week
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of ILS engineering, please apply now. If you have any questions about the ILS engineer role please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.