Job title: Laboratory Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
Salary Range: DOE
Hours: 8:00 - 17:00 two days per week. Scope for additional hours and flexible on days
Contract role working for the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment.
An Instrumentation Maintenance Technician is required with knowledge of maintaining a variety of laboratory equipment. Technicians with experience of maintaining and calibrating equipment such as real time signal analysers, pre-amplifiers, semi-automatic wire bonders, sciencescope X-Scopes and ultrasonic bonders will be well received.
Due to a new workload this client based in Birmingham requires a dynamic, leading Laboratory Instrumentation Maintenance Technician to work on a contract basis. As a Laboratory Instrumentation Maintenance Technician to will be required to:
- Manage the instrumentations/equipment for the Lab and Cleanroom including but not limited to.
- Ensure all instrumentations/equipment are functioning properly
- Perform regular checking and testing of instrumentations/equipment.
- Carry out maintenance for all the instrumentations/equipment
- Perform minor repairs or modifications if needed.
To obtain more hours and days other duties will include:
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including LEV inspections, emissions to air and water, waste management, asbestos, legionella, CCA, electrical testing, etc.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including LEV inspections, emissions to air and water, waste management, asbestos, legionella, CCA, electrical testing, etc.
- Manage H&S of all facilities in the Lab, Cleanroom and the office building, work with engineers and cleaning staff, ensuring COSSH, risk assessments and remedies measures are completed.
The leading Laboratory Instrumentation Maintenance Technician must have the following skills or experience:
- At least 2 years experience maintaining a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Familiar with industry equipment
- NEBOSH in Health and Safety
- HNC/HND in Engineering
- Environmental Qualified
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of maintaining a variety of laboratory equipment. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based manufacturer will offer you:
- Part time ongoing contract role
- Working with a leading cutting edge worldwide company
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of maintaining a variety of laboratory equipment and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Laboratory Instrumentation Maintenance Technician role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.