Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Instrumentation Engineer to work at our client’s facility in Sheffield, Yorkshire.
The Instrumentation Engineer will be working as part of our client’s engineering team and will work closely with the Lead EC&I Engineer.
The role shall encompass the following activities:
- Creating and reviewing technical documentation as required (e.g. data sheets, specifications, supplier documentation requirements…) for instrumentation such as sensors, transmitters, indicators, gauges, transducers and detectors for various measurement applications.
- Ensure that the company requirements are specified and met without creating requirements around a specific OEM instrument.
- Setting up, developing and maintaining an instrumentation database.
- Ensuring the correct information is uploaded to and maintained within Factory Master.
- Working with the process and mechanical teams to ensure fitness for purpose of the instrumentation with regard to process criteria and mechanical interfaces.
- Working with the procurement department in identifying and managing suppliers as appropriate.
- Participating in design review, HAZOP and LOPA.
- Becoming within 12 months of appointment the company technical authority and point of contact for instrumentation.
- Being responsible and accountable for the correct specification of instrumentation including calibration and certification requirements.
The Instrument Engineer shall have the following or be willing to learn:
- Knowledge of the ATEX Directives and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres.
- Knowledge of explosive atmosphere and IP ratings.
- Experience of hazardous area ratings and installations.
- Knowledge of controls systems, data interfaces and communications protocols.
- Familiarity with process control through PLC and DCS systems.
- Familiarity with Safety Integrated Systems and Safety Integrity Levels.
- Knowledge of the hydrogen production industry.
- Be degree qualified engineer or either holding or be actively working towards chartered status
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.