Automotive Instrumentation Engineer - 34987 - up to £24.16/hr - P3O
A role within the 80 strong instrumentation team to carry out Planning and Powertrain delivery to the Prototype Build Team.
The successful candidate would be working within the instrumention department carrying out test preparation and planning. The planning team consists of 6 people who liaise with engineers from all areas to establish their test and instrumentation requirements. This information is passed to Prototype Build Engineers to allow a seamless delivery of engineering test and development requirements. Candidates are responsible for collating information, producing planning and timing charts and producing Instrumentation Control and specification Documents.
- In this role, candidates will collate instrumentation requests for PVO builds and use this to create an Instrumentation Control Document for each build.
- Liaise with the Build Manager to introduce instrumentation exclusive build time in to the Vehicle Build Plan.
- Create Instrumentation MOL Jobcards for engine build and ensure engines are built with correct Instrumentation fitted.
- Present for Instrumentation at the PVO Are We Ready (AWR) event.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Excellent communicator, able to create timing plans and schedules by liaising with Engineers to establish their test requirements.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Google Docs and Databases to create and maintain plans, charts, schedules and Databases.
- AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE IS A MUST - Familiar with Prototype Vehicle Operations, preparation and planning of build phases and instrumentation solutions to support the Engineering community.
- Experience in Prototype Vehicle build environment, able to create instrumentation test plans, SDV charts and build schedules.
- Experience of working in a planning role essential.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.