Instrumentation and Control Engineer - Northampton - £ Competitive DOE
This is a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Instrumentation and Control Engineer to work for a company renowned for delivering technologically innovative engineering solutions across industry sectors.
You will provide high-level electronic and electrical engineering support to the Build and Test department. This will include specifying, designing, building, commissioning, maintaining, fault-finding, repairing and calibrating instrumentation and control systems. You will work at an Engineer or Senior Engineer level.
As Instrumentation and Control Engineer - you will be required to
- Support users of the engine and vehicle test facilities
- Work with customers to understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Specify and design bespoke electrical/electronic instrumentation or control equipment from first principles
- Build, install, commission and produce engineering documentation for this equipment.
- Follow structured fault-analysis techniques by applying a wide and high level understanding of electronics.
- Maintain and repair instrumentation and control equipment, including liaising with suppliers.
As Instrumentation and Control Engineer - you will have
- Knowledge and experience of control engineering principles, e.g. PID tuning
- Prolonged demonstrated experience working in a test facility environment, preferably Automotive.
- Ideally experience of a mainstream programming language, eg. C, C++, Java, CAN, Flexray, PSPICE, PCB design, electric drive systems and microcontrollers.
Suitably qualified and experienced Instrumentation and Control Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.