Long term contract position - Cambridge
Manufacturing and production machinery
Hourly rate negotiable
We are immediately recruiting for an Instrument and Commissioning Technician to support the Maintenance team who are responsible for the installation, calibration, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of all instrument equipment processes on site.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require an Instrument and Commissioning Technician to join them on a long-term contract basis.
As the Instrument Technician you will be required to:
· Provide technical direction across the process, monitoring and reporting to the site Maintenance Manager.
· Routine calibration on process instrumentation.
· Safely Integrity Level (SIL) testing, instrumentation troubleshooting and diagnosis of faults.
· Calibration checks of field instrumentation.
· Loop-checks and troubleshooting.
· Receipt verification and bench checks of instruments.
· Interlocks, alarms and controls performance verification.
· Installation inspection against design documentation.
· Use of calibration and testing instruments to inspect, test and perform troubleshooting and diagnose faults.
· Communicate design discrepancies and issues to the site Maintenance Manager.
· Compilation and completion of test pack documentation.
· Updating spreadsheets for progress of systems.
· Completion of monthly calibration reports.
· Updating calibration software, uploading certificates and completing inspection labels.
The Instrument Technician should have the following skills or experience:
· HNC/D (or equivalent) in mechanical, electrical or related engineering discipline.
· A knowledge of Compex EX01, EX02, EX03 and EX04 preferred.
· Calibration and control systems experience.
· Calibrating against national standards experience.
· A background working within an engineering and test environment would be beneficial.
· Microsoft office software - Excel and Outlook in particular
· Practical application of problem solving and fault finding i.e. 4020mA loops and thermocouples.
· Metrology skills.
· Experience of working on chemical processing plant equipment is desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and Skype interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Instrument Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.