Instrument Project Engineer
Salary £35000 - £40000/annum, Pension, Life Assurance, Sick Pay Scheme
Location - Birmingham
An Instrument Project Engineer is required for a well-established business in Birmingham.
As an Instrument Project Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- The full life-cycle management of instrumentation projects from design through to commissioning involving all different types of instrumentation. E.g. level, flow, temperature, pressure and mass instrumentation, safety instrumented systems & intrinsic safety etc.
- The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system.
- The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Instrumentation drawings and P&ID’s.
- Maintaining records on all items including modifications, repairs, specifications etc.
- Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chem, Food, or Oil & Gas
- Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
- Good understanding of control, safety systems and functional safety standards IEC61508 & IEC61511 and be able to manage proof tests along HSE guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of HSE requirements.
- A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
To be successful as an Instrument Project Engineer you should have the following skills:
- Recognised Instrument apprenticeship and educated to HNC level as a minimum.
- Several years’ experience with the management of instrumentation projects as a minimum.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for anyone looking for a new role as an Instrument Project Engineer, in return you will be offered:
- Good salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and Company Sick Pay Scheme
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Instrument Project Engineer role, please contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 154.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.