£35k - 40k per year + 25 days holiday plus stats, life insurance, pension etc.
over 1 year ago
Job title: Instrument Project Engineer
Salary Range: £35,000 to £40,000
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and well-established Chemical Engineering & Manufacturing business based near Birmingham, West Midlands. Due to company growth a new opportunity has risen for an Instrument Project Engineer on a permanent basis.
As the Instrument Project Engineer, you will join the Instrumentation Department reporting to the Instrument Development Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance and calibration team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
The ideal candidate will have the experience listed below and must have the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- The full life-cycle management of chemical plant instrumentation projects from design through to commissioning involving all different types of instrumentation. E.g. level, flow, temperature, pressure and mass instrumentation, safety instrumented systems & intrinsic safety etc.
- The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system.
- The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Instrumentation drawings and P&ID's.
- Maintaining records on all items including modifications, repairs, specifications etc.
- Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chem, Food, or Oil & Gas
- Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
- Good understanding of control, safety systems and functional safety standards IEC61508 & IEC61511 and be able to manage proof tests along HSE guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of HSE requirements.
- A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Recognised Instrument apprenticeship and educated to HNC level as a minimum.
- Experience with the management of instrumentation projects.
Salary is circa £35k to £40k dependant on experience plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 36.25 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Midlands.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.