Vacancy - Instrument Design Engineer
Location - Birmingham
A vacancy has arisen to join the Instrumentation Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance and calibration team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The position holder will be responsible for providing Instrumentation expertise on projects relating to installation and calibration as well as reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance, reporting to the Instrument Development Engineer.
The successful candidate will be an experienced qualified instrumentation project design engineer. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments including production to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have the experience listed below and must have the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- The full life-cycle management of instrumentation projects from design to commissioning.
- The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system.
- The ability to design and program PLC (Allen Bradley) based systems using ladder and functional block designs, also knowledge of SCADA and HMI's.
- The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Electrical, Instrumentation drawings and P&ID's.
- Maintaining records on all items including modifications, repairs, specifications etc.
- Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chem, Food, or Oil & Gas
- Sound knowledge of HSE requirements.
- A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standard.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
- Good understanding of control, safety systems and functional safety standards IEC61508 & IEC61511 and be able to manage proof tests along HSE guidelines.
- Recognised Instrument apprenticeship and educated to HNC level as a minimum.
- Several years' experience with the management of instrumentation projects.
Closing date: 01 July 2019
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.