- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 12 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58339
Job role - Instrument Cluster Principal Engineer (361)
Location - Cranfield
**Excellent rate of pay available, open to discussion**
Contract - PAYE - INSIDE IR35, 12 months assignment
We are looking to recruit an experienced Instrument Cluster Principal Engineer to join a Centre of Excellence for design and development for a major Automotive OEM.
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- OK judgements at development Design Reviews.
- Achievement of part cost versus budget.
- Closure of quality concerns within agreed timescales.
- No BOM errors affecting vehicle build.
- Development of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays and Displays to meet Design and Test standards.
- Lead design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for cost, quality and timing.
- Maintain part BOM across European vehicles.
- Prepare functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
- Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
- Manage in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
- Resolve technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
- Support vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
- Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
- Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays or Displays development within automotive industry.
- Understanding of electrical theory related to the parts and connected circuits.
- Familiar with software development and validation methods.
- An understanding of LIN or CAN communication and tools.
- Familiar with electrical architecture or other similar automotive architecture.
- Experience of BOM management.
A selection of the following are required to fulfill the role successfully:
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for the parts.
- Experience of the parts cost drivers and budget setting.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- Well organised and a good communicator.
- Have supplier management experience.
- Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.