- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58923
Instrument Cluster HMI Validation Engineer (00408)
PAYE rate - £24.48 p/h / Inside IR35
12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Test/investigation reports, test plan, and test method.
- Secure the quality of electrical systems to company standards.
- Complete responsible validation within project milestones.
To support the Electrical & Electronic (EE) Test team with:
- The validation of instrument cluster function, performance and reliability on bench and vehicle to Nissan design/test standards/specification and regulatory requirements.
- Creation of test procedures from design/test specifications using CANalyser/CANoe with CAPL programming.
- Raising concern reports with suppliers and design sections through global databases (JIRA).
- Root cause investigation and countermeasure recommendation.
- Working with customer engineering groups to meet the customer requirements for instrument cluster.
- Creation of test plans to meet with project and design milestones.
- Creation of testing procedures, confirmation of vehicle spec and test parts required for tests, includes arrangement of vehicle transportation when required.
- Overall vehicle test technical coordination role where required (project leader).
- Formal reporting of test results to design sections and to upper management technical support to the production plant when necessary.
- Field investigation support on occasion.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
- Have experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment - flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans.
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN, Ethernet).
- Be able to operate CANalyser, CAPL, CANoe, CANape, Matlab software or similar for capturing data, analysis of data and preparing/executing test procedures.
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections.
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques.
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic system development, completing a minimum of two vehicle developments, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of automotive systems and interaction with various vehicle ECUs.
- Have good written and verbal communication.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and for up to 10 weeks and/or at short notice.
- Competent with PC applications. Including Microsoft excel and project.
- Self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Ability to priorities and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.