- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 60980
Instrument Cluster Engineer - JP00000493
PAYE £24.48 p/h - £31.00/hr PAYE (depending on experience) - Inside IR35
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- OK judgements at development Design Reviews.
- Achievement of part cost versus budget.
- Closure of quality concerns within agreed timescales.
- No BOM errors affecting vehicle build.
- Development of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays and Displays to meet Design and Test standards.
- Lead design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for cost, quality and timing.
- Maintain part BOM across Nissan European vehicles.
- Prepare functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
- Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
- Manage in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
- Resolve technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
- Support vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
- Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
- Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays or Displays development within automotive industry.
- Understanding of electrical theory related to the parts and connected circuits.
- Familiar with software development and validation methods.
- An understanding of LIN or CAN communication and tools.
- Familiar with electrical architecture or other similar automotive architecture.
- Experience of BOM management.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for the parts.
- Experience of the parts cost drivers and budget setting.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
- Well organized and a good communicator.
- Have supplier management experience.
- Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc)
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.