Title: Mechanical Installation Engineer
Location: UK Wide
Salary: £ Negotiable dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a team of Installation Engineers to work for our client across their customer sites across the UK. The role will be involved in all aspects of installation and mechanical fitting and would require someone able to work as a team member or alone with assistance, installing Penstocks, Flap Valves, Secondary Isolation Valves, Distributor Columns, Arms, Siphons and Travelling screens at various locations across the UK.
- To ensure all paperwork is available and that it has been reviewed and understood before setting out to site
- Complete all necessary job sheets, time sheets and other documentation as required
- To undertake all necessary pre-installation checks
- To liaise with client, other trades and third parties as indicated on work instructions
- To identify any changes to scope and report back to line manager as early as possible
- If requested to do so, to record any changes to scope as agreed by line manager
- To install equipment in line with company standards and current regulations (including grouting of penstocks)
- To complete all post installation & commissioning checks
- To keep in good working order any tools, equipment or vehicles supplied by the company
- To report any faults, breakages or equipment failures to your line manager
Experience & Knowledge:
- A good level of sound Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) practice, including Risk Assessment, Method Statements etc., in industrial / engineering environments
- A background or commitment to working in a field-based role.
- Experience of Water Flow and Distribution products – Penstocks, Flap Valves, Distribution arms, siphon systems etc. would be beneficial.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of mechanical (and electrical) fault-finding and diagnostic working.
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Have: blue water /wastewater industry knowledge
- Full clean driving licence
- CSCS card holder.
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent) in Science, Engineering or technical discipline OR substantial relevant industry experience
- Confined space working (C&G medium risk) as a minimum requirement.
- Lift supervisor /slinger signaller, Tele-handler experience, First Aid at Work, PASMA scaffold erection, IPAF working at height would be an advantage but not necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.