£29k per year
Role: Installation & Validation Technician (Electrical) - Field Based
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self- motivated, hard-working, experienced individual to join our client's team as an Installation & Validation Technician.
The role will be reporting to the Installation & Validation Manager and be involved in Installation and maintaining of cleanroom solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake sufficient training for the role and comply with the companies Operational Management System (ISO 9001- 2008) and operating processes.
- To support and ensure that all installations being performed on behalf of the customer are completed to the required specification and electrical standards, efficiently and on time.
- To Install, repair, and maintain electrical systems while observing all statutory and legal requirements.
- To run tests on electrical components to ensure a safe and effective installation.
- To inspect electrical systems and equipment for any damage, malfunctions and safety hazards.
- To be available to support the Installation team on construction phase projects when not required to provide electrical support.
- To liaise with the operations team to ensure all materials and labour are available in the right place at the right time.
- To provide back up and ground support for other installation teams when personally not on site.
- To support operational teams in their education on electrical systems if required including supporting the design of electrical systems.
- To communicate and interact constructively with the Operations team and all other departments in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- When trained and required, complete testing and validations of new and existing cleanrooms to the defined quality standards and procedures.
- To ensure that all documentation relevant to an installation is completed accurately and on time, by effective delegation where appropriate, including customer acceptance and production of validation report.
- To review maintenance work orders and ensure all requirements/preparations are fully undertaken before commencing work.
- Commercial experience of working safely and completing H&S documentation including method statement and risk assessments
- Demonstrable working knowledge of control-based cksystems e.g. PLCs
- Experience of working with functional block logic
- Fitting and assembly of mechanical equipment
- MS Windows Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge on BS7671 Wiring regulations
- 240v/415v electrical wiring and testing ? Electrical fault finding and testing with industrial environments.
- Ability to interpret wiring schematics, panel and wiring diagrams
- Installation of industrial electrical systems including panel systems, lighting, A/C units
- Commercial awareness
- Good customer service and IT literate
Education & Qualification:
- 5 GCSEs grades A -C including English & Maths
- NVQ Level 3 Inspection and Testing
- 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
- Valid ECS Card
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.